To compose a song inspired by Sabah’s attractions and natural beauty. The winning entry will become the official Sabah Tourism Theme Song
REGISTRATION & ENTRY ELIGIBILITY:
- There will be Two (2) categories in the competition:-
MELODY & LYRICS:
Competition is open to all musicians in Sabah only. Closing date for submissions: 30th December 2016. The winner will be announced in the Sabah Tourism website (www.sabahtourism.com) on 7th January 2017 and will receive RM5,000.00.
ORCHESTRATION FOR THE WINNING MELODY & LYRICS:
Competition is open to all musicians in Malaysia upon the announcement of Melody & Lyrics Winner on 7th January 2017. Melody & lyrics can be requested from the Jesselton Philharmonic Orchestra (JPO- refer to contact persons). Closing date for submissions: 25th February 2017. The winner will be announced in the Sabah Tourism website (www.sabahtourism.com) on 4th March 2017 and will receive RM5,000.00.
- The registration form can be downloaded from Sabah Tourism Board: www.sabahtourism.com
- Entrants must submit a photocopy of their MyKad.
- Entrants below 18 years must have parental / guardian consent.
- Each song submitted must be entrant’s original work, and consist of scores, lyric and music (MP3/CD).
- Songs may have multiple co-composers, but only one name as the entrant on the applications.
- Entrants may submit as many songs, but each entry from must be accompanied by a separate score, lyric sheet and music (MP3/CD)
- Melody, Lyrics and Orchestration can be of any style based on individual creativeness, inspiration or popular trends.
- The winning song debut and prize presentation will be on the 6th of May, 2017 during Sabah Fest.
- Terms & Conditions Apply.